Saturday, November 14, 2009

Half Broke Horses

The other day at lunch one of my co-teachers was telling us about her sister-in-laws. She told us how one of her sister-in-laws is a fitness guru, the other one just reads. Well I guess that could describe me...I just read. As long as I can remember reading has been my very favorite past time. If you know my mother you know where I got this from. And I am not the only one in my large family that picked this up. No matter how busy I am which is usually pretty busy I don't have a problem fitting reading into my schedule. Reading is not something I fit in, it is just something I do. Right now I am halfway through "Half Broke Horses." I have decided that the books I enjoy can usually be broken into two categories: Meat and Potato books and Dessert books. Dessert books would be like "Hush, Hush" and "Twilight". These books are page turners, you can't put them down. Most of the time when I have a dessert book I just stay up all night reading and do it in one or two sittings. Plus you look forward to reading another book in the series. "Half Broke Horses" is a Meat and Potatoes book. It was slow getting started, but once you are into it it is wonderful and best of all it sticks with you. " The Secret Life of Bees" is another example of a Meat and Potato book. These books make you think and think and really fill you up. "Half Broke Horses is written by a granddaughter about the life of her grandmother. This woman's life is amazing. You get so much insight into the way rural life was during the early 1900's. If you're looking for a memorable, filling book this is the one for you.

1 comment:

Holly Burnah said...

I'm thinking that I should read a meat and potatoes book. Is that a book you bought? Could I borrow it sometime?