Sunday, November 1, 2009

Decorating

This summer I finished painting our upstairs rooms. Unfortunately I do not have any of my fathers decorating ability. Fortunately I have very creative daughter-in-laws. A few weeks ago I invited 2 of them over, set out all of my pictures and asked them to tell me what to do. They were wonderful and did it themselves. Not only that my rooms now have themes, something I would never have thought of.

Here is our bedroom. These pictures really don't do the settings justice.






This is our guest bedroom which now is the grandchildren room. Here is a collage of grandchildren pictures with lots of space for future pictures.







Another wall in the Grandchildren room.




The reading corner in the Grandchildren room. I am so glad all of my grandchildren love books.






Here is my office which used to be a bedroom when the kids were home. The theme on these walls is family. The girl and dog are not in the family, but will be replaced with a picture Chelsy is getting ready.


My ancestor corner in the office. We are changing the frames for Mom's and Dad's pictures.

And here is our oriental bathroom. They also put up an area for my children's high school and mission pictures, an area with wedding photos and an ancestor wall for Art. For the first time ever I feel like our whole upstairs is finished. Thank you Chelsy and Julie.
Today Chris asked me if I was ever going to put pictures in the basement. Sure I will, after I consult my decorators.













2 comments:

Holly Burnah said...

They did a good job! My mom, who isn't a decorator, had her daughter-in-law hang pictures in her house too. Sorry I wasn't any help- It's not in my genes :)

Robin said...

I don't know Holly, you have it a lot more than I do. My goal this year is to have Gingerbread house half as cute as yours always is.