Sunday, November 29, 2009

Count Your Many Blessings!

My Daughter-in-law has a wonderful blog where she records ways that she sees the hand of the Lord in her life. I love how she makes this a priority in her life. I want to share her idea and talk about how blessed we have been. I am so grateful for family. What a wonderful weekend this has been as we spent time together. Of course I was so busy watching my children and their families that I didn't take any pictures. Here is our latest family picture that we are using on our Christmas letter.Thursday most everyone was together for our Thanksgiving dinner, then after dinner Lucinda, Kyle and Lindsey came and later Pat and Julie who had dinner with her family also came over with their children. We played games throughout the evening. This picture is from a monthly Sunday dinner earlier this month. We are getting too big for our kitchen.
Friday morning we took Lydia out to lunch for her Birthday. We loved listening to her talk and talk. Then we got together for our yearly Gingerbread house night. Holly started this tradition when they were first married and we have kept it up. Again I went cameraless and so I didn't get a picture until we were home. Here are our creations.

Saturday Colin, Chelsy, Audrey and I went to see New Moon. Then today we ended the weekend by being able to attend Tavish's ward where he and his family spoke about gratitude. They all did a wonderful job. In addition to Tavish and Hollys great talks the children spoke and sang, Holly played the organ for the ward beautifully and Tavish pitch-hitted leading the music. We were so proud of them all. I don't think there is anything better for a grandmother than spending time with her family. I am so grateful that they are all living close and for every moment we have together. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!


3 comments:

The Burnah Clan said...

Happy Thanksgiving, it was sooo fun! We love our family!

Holly Burnah said...

Thanks for coming to watch Mac yesterday. I thought it was pretty funny when Tav led the music. I felt like we were the Burnah show. I'm glad that is over!

Robin said...

When Tavish led the music the man behind us said "They might as well have had them say the prayers too!"