Thursday, February 19, 2009

What is it about being Grandma?




I just watched a video my daughter in law took of their daughers dancing. (See Phil and Chelsy's blog ) Their 3 and 1 year old are so... cute. But everytime I watch it I start to cry. What is it with us Grandmas? I had no idea how much I could love these little ones. My mother has 31 grandchildren and I wonder could she feel this same way about all of them? This last weekend we went up to Bear Lake to stay at the condo with the whole family. I treasured every minute I had playing with each child. Yesterday I was thinking how much I enjoy picking up Audrey each morning for school and being able to spend time with her, and also to getting a chance to see her two little sisters each morning before school. Then yesterday after school I drove home to find Tavish's children here to greet me after school as they were picking up skis at the house. Seeing them made my day. Our youngest son is getting married this May. It is so strange to know that our time for raising children is over. I wonder if that is why I treasure all of my time with their children. I know how fast this time is going to go. And being a grandparent is different. We don't have the responsibility, just the fun with the little ones. I love being grandma and I feel so blessed to have them all living close. I know that may change at any time. (Oh and I do love all of my children and their spouses too ... especially when they give me time with their children.)



Here we are decorating hats.








Sledding and having fun at the beach!






Could that be spider man's hand protecting his sister?


Here are our three newest additions. Little Mac, Little Tiffany and Chris' Michelle who will be a wonderful Aunt and Mother.

2 comments:

az bayz said...

I agree 1000% percent. Grandchildren are such a blessing. I am sure you are such a fun, loving Grandma. Isn't it great to see your kids all grown up and starting families of their own? What a joy!

The Burnah Clan said...

Awww....we love Grandma Bobby!